Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Think it's gotta be that 30 min a day 3-5 days a week?

Many people are time crunched. And that much of a commitment can sound down right frightening. If you can do that much, awesome! If not then what are you able to do? 5-10 minutes here and there? That's great too. The truth is that even that little bit helps. The important person here is YOU! :)
There are health benefits all along the way. Research has even found that 5 minutes, once a week will help. So yes, all along the way. And the biggest leaps in improvement are seen within the first few increases of physical activity (getting out and moving around).
As a student I have found my schedule to be tight at times. Some days I get home and just feel like collapsing in bed. There are small gaps between my classes and one day I just couldn't focus on homework. I thought about a catnap to be honest, but then my conscience spoke up about how little I've moved around this past week. I didn't have an extra pair of clothes in my car, let alone the interest, to head over to the school's weight room. Instead I strapped on my backpack and went off on my own walking adventure around campus. What will you do with even just a few minutes??

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally doing this. 5 days a week for 30 min. And I've been doing this for 4 1/2 weeks. My body craves it now. And it feels refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! There are days that we just go out for a walk when there's no time for anything else. I love it too!

    ReplyDelete